CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, June 9, 2007

Mandi's Mom's Spanish Rice

Now I know we're all sort of partial to our Mothers cooking. But My Mom got this recipe from an old Mexican ladie selling her homemade tamales in front of mexican food grocery store.. This is by far the BEST Spanish Rice I have ever eaten.. anywhere... I'm warning you.. this makes ALOT!!!

Mandi's Mom's Spanish Rice

2 Cups long grain Rice
1 bell pepper diced (mom didnt' use this in hers, but I Added it)
1 small onion diced
2 cloves of Garlic Minced
Butter - LOTS OF it!! 1 Stick at least.
2 Cans of Diced Tomatoes
3 Cups of Chicken Broth
(I almost always end up adding more, So try 4 cups instead)
Salt, Pepper to taste
1 tsp. Cumin or more to taste...

Variation: one time I bought tomatoes with green chili's in them and it gave it spice which was yummy too!!

Melt lots of butter and sautee' Bell Peppers, Onion and Garlic together... cook until done to your likeness.. add Rice and brown... add remaining ingredients, cover and simmer until rice is cooked...

3 comments:

Brie said...

I will definitely try this. My search for a favorite homemade spanish rice has been going on for over 10 years!

Anonymous said...

Wow this looks awesome Mandi! I need to try this!!!! :)

Brie said...

I just made this...will be posting to my blog later. Haven't tried it yet but I'm starving and my tummy is growling! =)