WW's Zesty Beef Chili
I didn't Take a Photo of this one because well, it looked like Chili, it was delicious and spicy & I only used half of the chili powder that it called for so I would reccomend cutting it down even more if you don't like it too spicy.
From: Marey on Recipe Challenge
1 teaspoon Olive Oil
1 large Onion, chopped
3 garlic cloves, chopped
1 4 1/2 oz. can chopped mild green chilies, drained
2 tablespoons Cajun seasoning
1 lb. ground lean beef (5% or less fat)
1 28-oz. can Italian peeled tomatoes, chopped
1 cup fat-free salsa
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup chili powder
2 15-oz. cans red kidney beans, rinsed & drained
1. Heat the oil in a large nonstick saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion & cook, stirring occasionally until translucent, 6-8 minutes. Add the garlic, chilies & Cajun seasoning; cook, stirring constantly, until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add the ground beef & cook, breaking up the beef with a wooden spoon, until browned, about 8 minutes.
2. Add the tomatoes with their liquid, the salsa, water & chili powder. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and summer, covered, until the flavors are blended and the chili thickens slightly, about 1 hour. Stir the beans and cook until heated through.
Yields: 6 servingsServing size: 1 1/2
CupsPoints per serving: 5
* Top the chili with minced red onion and cilantro, and for an extra 1/2 points value per serving, 2 tablespoons of shredded fat-free cheddar cheese.
Thursday, April 17, 2008
Kraft Grilled Bruschetta Chicken
OMG this was SOOOO good!!!
from Kraft Food & Family Summer 2007 Issue
1/4 cup Kraft Sundried Tomato Viniagrette dressing, divided
1 lb of Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast
1 Tomato, finely chopped
1/2 cup shredded Mozzerella Cheese
1/4 Cup chopped fresh basil or 1 tsp. dried
Cover 1/2 of grill with Heavy Duty foil. Preheat grill to medium heat. Pour 2 tblsp of dressing over chicken in ziplock bag and marinate 10 minutes. Remove chicken from Marinade & Grill on uncovered side of grill 6 minutes.
Meanwhile combine tomatoes, cheese, basil & remaining 2 tbsp of dressing.
Turn chicken over and placed cooked side on foil sheet. Top with mixture close lid and grill until chicken is cooked thru
Weight Watchers Chicken Goulash
This was tasty! Very enjoyable :)
Makes 4 servings
3/4 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts
2 bell peppers
2 garlic cloves
1/2 white onion
2 plum tomatoes
15 baby carrots
1/2 cup tomato sauce
1 1/2 cups beef stock
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 tablespoon cornstarch
2 tablespoons water
salt (to taste)
pepper (to taste)
1. Cut the onion into strips, mince the garlic.
2. In a large pot over a medium flame, heat the oil and add the onion and garlic.
3. Cook, stirring, until the onions are translucent (be careful not to brown them!).
4. Cut the peppers into strips, carrots into slices and add to the onions.
5. Add about a cup of the beef stock and bring to a boil.
6. Reduce the heat all the way to low, cover the pot and let everything simmer for about an hour (or until very soft).
7. Cut the chicken breasts into cubes and season according to taste.
8. In a separate pot, cook the chicken on cooking spray.
9. Add the chicken to the vegetable stew (add the rest of the stock if it seems dry).
10. Cut up the tomatoes into cubes, add along with the tomato sauce into the chicken/vegetable mixture.
11. Season with paprika, salt and pepper to taste.
12. Let everything simmer for another 30 minutes or so.
13. Mix the cornstarch with the water and add to the mixture, let it come to a boil.
14. Serve hot.
WW POINTS per serving: 3Nutritional information per serving: 167 calories, 2.8g fat, 3g fiber