CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, November 29, 2007

Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread


This was a really good recipe. The only thing was that 1.5 cups of choc chips seemed like too much to me and Jake, It made the chocolate over power the pumpkin flavor but it was yummy and if I ever make it again I'll do less CChips :) Also, I seperated this batter into two loaf pans, My one loaf pan wasn't big enough to hold the batter :)

Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread

from: Marey's Week

Ingredients:

3 C all purpose flour
2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda
4 eggs
2 C sugar
2 C cooked or canned pumpkin
1 1/4 C vegetable oil
1 1/2 C semi-sweet chocolate chips

Directions:In a large bowl, combine the flour, cinnamon, salt & baking soda. In another bowl, beat the eggs, sugar, pumpkin & oil. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened Fold in chocolate chips. Pour into regular sized loaf pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near th center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan onto wire rack.

2 comments:

Brie said...

Yeah this is the one I made and followed the instructions to use one loaf pan...going against my instinct to use two. Trust me it's a good thing you used two LOL

Anonymous said...

I still need to make this...SOON! I will keep in mind about the chips and plan to use 2 pans after hearing you & Brie's reviews :) I am glad you liked it though!