CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, November 29, 2007

Paula Deens, BBQ Meat Loaf


This recipe is interesting because my friend Shar made it for her family and She said it wasn't very good and that none of them liked it. I Made this for my family and they LOVED it! Jake said it was a definate make again and Ashley my picky one even loved it. I think everyone has a different idea of what their meatloaf should be like :)

Barbeque Meat Loaf

From: My week on Recipe Challenge
Recipe courtesy Paula Deen

1 1/2 pounds ground beef
1 cup fresh bread crumbs
1 onion, diced
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
2 (8-ounce) cans tomato sauce
3 tablespoons vinegar
3 tablespoons brown sugar
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1/2 cup water, to thin sauce if necessary

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Mix together the beef, bread crumbs, onion, egg, salt, pepper, and 1/2 cup of the tomato sauce. Form this mixture into a loaf and place it in a shallow pan. Stir together the remaining tomato sauce, vinegar, sugar, mustard, Worcestershire and the water (if too thick). Pour this sauce over the meatloaf. Bake for 1 hour, basting every 15 minutes with the pan juices.

2 comments:

Brie said...

Yeah we definitely have our ideas of what meatloaf should be...I may try this in future out of curiosity=)

Anonymous said...

I so wanna try this one! Looks yummy! :)