CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, October 20, 2008

An Everything Dough

I went in search on recipezaar for a cinnamon roll dough recipe for the bread machine. I found this dough. I thought it was a good one to try. You can use it for Hamburger or Hot Dog buns as well & I've been wanting to try to make those for us ever since I saw Prudence Pennywise make her own!

So I've used this dough three times now. Twice for Cinnamon Rolls and Once for sticky buns & oh man it's GOOOOOD!

When I made the cinnamon rolls I just rolled the dough out into a rectangular shape, slathered as much butter all over as I could, added lots of cinnamon, brown sugar and even a little granulated sugar, rolled it up and cut into buns, laid in the pan let them rise and baked :)

When I made the sticky buns, they were yummmy Here is the recipe I used for that.

1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
5 tablespoons light corn syrup
3/4 cup pecans or walnuts, coarsely chopped

melt everything together in a sauce pan and pour in the bottom of your well greased cinnamon roll pan, make the cinnamon rolls place in pan let them rise and bake. dump out of pan as soon as they come out of the oven.


Here is the dough recipes, you simply must give it a try :)

Hot Dog/Hamburger Buns/Rolls/Cinnamon Buns Dough Cycle A.b.m.



SERVES 9 -12

1 1/4 cups skim milk
1/3 cup vegetable oil or canola oil
1/4-1/3 cup sugar (I use a 1/4 cup measure)
1 teaspoon salt
3 3/4 cups all-purpose flour (I have never found the need to use bread flour
these rise beautifully)
2 1/4 teaspoons bread machine yeast

Place all ingredients in order recommended by your bread machine manufacturer. Select dough cycle and start machine.

I preheat my oven to 100°F and turn off.

When dough cycle is complete remove from machine and proceed.

I roll into a long log and cut into 12 pieces for hot dog buns or 9 pieces for
large hamburger buns How big you want them is up to you. For Hot Dog Buns, I roll out till they look like long skinny wieners,. Hamburger Buns, I flatten with my palm till about the thickness of a pancake. They rise beautifully and look as nicely shaped as store bought ones.

Put on parchment-lined baking sheet so sides are almost touching. You can brush with melted butter if you wish but I never bother. Cover with cloth and put in the warm oven for 45-60 minutes to rise. When doubled remove from oven.

I bake mine on the top shelf in my oven. Turn oven to 400°F and when you put the buns in the oven, reduce temperature immediately to 375° and bake hot dog buns 15 minutes and hamburger buns 17 minutes.

CINNAMON BUNS. Use 1/3 cup sugar in recipe. Made 10 large buns. Roll out to about 12 x 15" and spread with butter or margarine. Sprinkle cinnamon-sugar mixture over all and roll up tightly. Cut into as many buns as you want. I make 10. Set oven to 400° and turn down to 375° when you put buns inches Bake 20 minutes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

SERIOUSLY????????? I have DROOL running off my lip.. WOW.. and they look amazing! professional!

Brie said...

Oh my gosh...I MUST have these! Mmmmm...mmmmmmm....mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm