CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, February 20, 2012

Kielbasa Baked Stew



Another recipe from the recipe file. Not sure where I got this recipe from. When I first started saving recipes I didn't copy a link or name where I'd gotten the recipe from now. I do like to give credit where credit is due. But I just don't have the info for this recipe. This was a nice, cheap & simple dinner. The only thing I would have done, was to maybe steam the veggies first. They were a bit "crunchy" for my taste. Everyone liked it!


1 lb. precooked smoked kielbasa or Polish sausage, cut into 1/2-inch slices 
1 1/2 cups frozen mixed vegetables 
1/2 cup coarsely chopped onion 
1 (16-oz.) can baked beans, undrained 
1/4 cup chili sauce 
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce 
1 (6-oz.) can Pillsbury® Grands!® Jr. Golden Layers® refrigerated buttermilk biscuits 

1. Heat oven to 375°F. In large skillet, combine all ingredients except biscuits; mix well. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 6 to 8 minutes or until vegetables are tender and sauce is slightly thickened, stirring occasionally. 





2. Spoon hot kielbasa mixture into ungreased 12x8-inch (2-quart) glass baking dish. 
3. Separate dough into 5 biscuits. Cut each in half; arrange, cut side down, around outside edge of hot mixture. 
4. Bake at 375°F. for 14 to 18 minutes or until biscuits are deep golden brown.




1 comments:

Amateur Cook said...

Mmm Mmmh! Sounds mighty delicious. ノヽ