CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Taco Stew!

I had tried a different recipe for Taco Stew a couple of years ago. I had posted it here but after trying this recipe I have removed it. This was so good. This was my first time trying out one of the weekly Menu Plans from the Eat At Home blog. I've been a reader for quiet some time and wanted to try someone Else's menu plan for a change. Her menu plans are awesomely put together because she has a PDF file you can download for that week that has your grocery list ready to print as well as all the recipes for that week! This is the week that I tried. I will do it again sometime in the future :)

Taco Soup

From: Eat at Home - Taco Soup

Large package of hamburger (2 lbs. or so)
Large onion, chopped
2 cans Black Beans, drained and rinsed
2 cans Dark Red Kidney Beans, drained and rinsed
2 cans Corn, drained (you could use frozen)
1 can Tomatoes with Green Chilis (Rotelle)
1 can Diced Tomatoes
1 15oz can Tomato Sauce
1 can Beef Broth
2 packages of Taco Seasoning
2-3 cups of Water
Cheddar Cheese
Corn Chips

Brown the meat and onion together. I like to rinse the hamburger under very hot water to get rid of the extra fat. Add in all the other ingredients and cook until it’s hot.

Serve with cheddar cheese and corn chips.

Serving Suggestion: tossed salad

0 comments: